- Information about us
- Purpose of the Site
- Accessing our Site as a registered user
- Uploading Content to our Site
- Reporting infringing Content
- Acceptable use of our Site
- Interactive services
- Intellectual property rights
- Our Site changes regularly
- Our liability
- Information about you and your visits to our Site
- Viruses, hacking and other offences
- Linking to our Site
- Links from our Site
- Jurisdiction and applicable law
- Variation and Assignment
- Accessing our Site as an unregistered user
- Your concerns
- Complaining about any consumer disputes
Last updated on 21/05/2018
Information about us
Purpose of the Site
For each project submitted, we request that the following information be provided:
- Basic information about the project (year created, annual budget, and other indicators)
- Additional information explaining the problem, solution, innovation, impact, sustainability and founding story
- Networks to which the project belongs
- Identity of the funders and team
This Site is currently intended for information and charitable purposes only and does not have any commercial or for profit goals.
Accessing our Site as a registered user
Your account activation and usage is dependent on your registration on the Site. Registration can be done by natural or legal persons with full legal capacity in accordance with Portuguese law. For natural persons, you must be 18 years of age or older. We are not responsible for any consequence deriving from the user’s lack of legal capacity.
As the user of a valid and verified account you will be able to access and post content on the reserved area of our Site, and use certain special features. Please note that we reserve the right to, at any time, subject the use of the special features to a payment of user fees. These fees will be notified to you for your prior approval and acceptance. At present, access to the Site and all its functionalities is free of charge.
Use of your user account is permitted on a discretionary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the functionalities we provide to users on our Site without notice. We will not be liable if, for any reason, our Site or any of its functionalities are unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may temporarily restrict access to some parts of our Site to users who have registered with us.
In order to access your account for the first time, you will be asked to provide a user name and a password. You may also be required to provide information and/or documentation for us to verify your identity or your right to represent the registrant. This may include replying to questions, providing the Site with specific codes or sending documentary evidence.
In order to login, you will be required to insert your user name and a valid password, as well as any additional security procedures that may be required. All such information must be treated as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party. We will never ask you to share these details with other persons.
Your account is personal to you and if any of the information initially loaded into your account is inaccurate, it is your responsibility to contact us and request the amendment of such information as soon as possible.
You must not access our Site through automated means, including but not limited to using an automotive device, spider, cache, crawler or scraper. If you know or suspect that someone has had access to your account login, you must inform us immediately at email@example.com
Uploading Content to our Site
Please review our Privacy & Cookies Policy in relation to the information that you may provide during the course of your use of the reserved area of our Site, what personal data we collect and for what purpose.
One of the purposes of the Site is to aggregate information about social sector contributed by the users of this Site. We are dedicated to making this content (“Content”)freely accessible to the public and, therefore, we generally require that all content you contribute is available under a free license or in the public domain.
By contributing with Content to the Site, you agree to the following requirements:
Text to which you hold the copyright: When you submit text to which you hold the copyright, you agree to license it under:
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License (“CC BY-SA”), and GNU Free Documentation License (“GFDL”) (unversioned, with no invariant sections, front-cover texts, or back-cover texts). (Re-users may comply with either license or both.)
When you contribute text, you agree to be attributed in any of the following fashions:
Through hyperlink (where possible) or URL to the Content hosted on another website;
Through a list of all authors (but please note that any list of authors may be filtered to exclude very small or irrelevant contributions).
- Importing text: You may import text that you have found elsewhere or that you have co-authored with others, but in such case you warrant that the text is available under terms that are compatible with the CC BY-SA 3.0 license. You agree that, if you import text under a CC BY-SA license that requires attribution, you must credit the author(s) in a reasonable fashion.
- Non-text media: When you contribute non-text media, you agree to comply with the requirements for the licenses as described above. In particular, you also confirm that you have obtained authorization to use and display the images of the persons captured in the videos and images you upload or such authorization is not necessary.
- Public domain content: Content that is in the public domain is welcome! It is important however that you confirm the public domain status of the content under the applicable laws. When you contribute content that is in the public domain, you warrant that the material is actually in the public domain, and you agree to label it appropriately.
If you wish to post information regarding a third-party project and are unable to comply with the requirements above, please abstain from uploading the Content to the Site or contact us if you have doubts.
These conditions are important and failure to respect them may lead to your expulsion from the Site and other measures prescribed in the law.
Reporting infringing Content
Without prejudice to other rights and remedies that we may have, we have the right to terminate your account with us, without notice and with immediate effect for any reason as we see fit.
In order to report Content you believe to be non-conformant, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Acceptable use of our Site
- In any way that breaches any applicable law or regulation, is unlawful or fraudulent.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm others in any way.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- To access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our Site, equipment or network on which our Site is stored, any software used in the provision of our Site; or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- To impersonate any person or entity, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or give the impression that your comments or Content emanate from us.
- To breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to immediately block or disable an account if we detect or suspect the practice of non-conformant use or behavior.
We currently provide an interactive service that allows messaging, sharing and commenting on user content.
We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our Site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user, whether the service is moderated or not.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owners or the licensees of all intellectual property rights related to the design and software of our Site. Copyright laws and treaties around the world protect those works. All such rights are reserved. The Site also includes third-party content.
With the exception of the Content covered by free licenses or in the public domain, you must not modify, amend, distribute or copy (including making digital copies of) any materials you have printed off or downloaded from our Site. You must not use any illustrations, photographs, video, audio sequences, graphics, names or trade marks separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Site must always be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the materials on our Site for commercial purposes.
We Changers® is a registered trademark and may not be used without our express authorization in writing.
Our Site changes regularly
We aim to update our Site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our Site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The content displayed on our Site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our Site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our Site, any websites linked to our Site and/or any material displayed on our Site, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business opportunity;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill or reputation;
- wasted management or office time; and/or
- any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
Nothing in these terms shall limit our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, for our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to our Site
We process information about you in accordance with our Privacy & Cookies Policy. By using our Site, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server(s) on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
Furthermore, you must not engage in harassment, threats, stalking, spamming, or vandalism, and not transmit chain mail, junk mail or spam to other users. In addition, it is forbidden to infringe the privacy rights of others under the laws of Portugal or other applicable laws (which may include the laws where you live or where you view or edit Content); to solicit personally identifiable information for purposes of harassment, exploitation, violation of privacy, or any promotional or commercial purpose not explicitly approved by us; intentionally or knowingly post content that constitutes libel or defamation; with the intent to deceive, post content that is false or inaccurate; attempt to impersonate another user or individual, misrepresent your affiliation with any individual or entity, or use the username of another user with the intent to deceive; engage in fraud.
It is also forbidden to infringe copyright, trademarks, patents or other proprietary rights under applicable law; post child pornography or any other content that is obscene or that violates applicable law; post or traffic obscene material that is unlawful under applicable law and use the services in a manner that is inconsistent with applicable law.
By breaching these provisions, you may commit a criminal offence. We may report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to our Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Links from our Site
Jurisdiction and applicable law
Variation and Assignment
We may assign or otherwise transfer our rights and/or obligations (or any part of them) under these terms to any third party from time to time.
Accessing our Site as an unregistered user
If you have any concerns about material that appears on our Site or the accessibility of our Site, please contact us.
Complaining about any consumer disputes
Any issues related to the Site, in particular, requests for information about technical or commercial aspects of the same and complaints, may be raised by contacting us at email@example.com or by letter to the address given in these Terms and Conditions of Use.
In the case of consumer litigation, the User/Seller and the Visitor/Interested Party may use the Online Dispute Resolution European Platform, available at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.