Short version: By using WeChangers, you agree to our terms. We can revise these terms.
We reserve the right to change these terms from time to time by changing them on the Site. These terms were last updated on November 08th, 2019.
2. Purpose of Site
Short version: This is what we wish to achieve with our Site.
The Site is a platform that seeks to - amongst other things - aggregate and provide information on individuals and organizations working for a better world (such as non-profit organizations, Foundations, social enterprises and corporate responsibility programs around the world).
The Site is managed by us but it has a collaborative component.
We invite and encourage our users to contribute with content and posts so as to take advantage of the full potential of the Site.
For each project submitted, we request that the following information be provided:
• Basic information about the project (year created, annual budget, and other indicators)
• Additional information explaining the problem, solution, innovation, impact, sustainability and founding story
• Networks to which the project belongs
• Identity of the funders and team
We do not alter, modify, adapt or share this information provided without the consent of the respective users.
3. User Content
Short version: You own and have control over the content you create, but you allow us certain rights to it, so that we can display and share the content you post. We have the right to remove content or close Accounts if we need to. You should not submit content which we consider to be detrimental to other users' experience. We may change our own content from time to time.
The Site allow you to upload contents and to communicate those contents:
a) In private portal/communities, with restrict access to the members of that communities (Private Communities);
b) In public areas, such as public pages, chat rooms, message boards, and/or public groups (User Content Areas).
User Submissions must not:
• contain, transmit, distribute, link to or otherwise make available, or advertise or promote any content that infringes any intellectual property rights or data protection, privacy or other rights of any other person, is defamatory or in breach of any contractual duty or any obligation of confidence, is obscene, sexually explicit, threatening, abusive, harassing, inciteful of violence or hatred, blasphemous, discriminatory (on any ground), liable to cause anxiety, alarm or embarrassment, knowingly false or misleading, or that does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations or is otherwise objectionable ("Prohibited Content");
• impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your relationship with any person or entity;
• contain, transmit or distribute any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, marketing or promotional material or other form of solicitation (spam); or
• transmit or distribute any virus and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive elements.
All the contents contained in this Site have been prepared for general information purposes only to permit you to learn more about our company, project and services. The information presented is not legal or professional advice, is not to be acted on as such, may not be current and is subject to change without notice.
Communication of the User Submissions in this Site (1) is not provided in the course of and does not create or constitute any commercial or professional relationship, (2) is not intended as a solicitation, and (3) is not intended to convey or constitute legal or professional advice. You should not act upon any such User Submissions without first seeking further detailed User Submission on your specific matter.
We inform that all User Submissions express the views of their respective authors, and not our views.
Whilst we try to make sure that content on the Site consisting of information of which we are the source is correct. Although, we are not responsibility for the information of the User Submission or the information provided in the Site from the entity who manages the Private Communities.
We cannot and do not guarantee that any content of the Site will be free from viruses and/or other code that may have contaminating or destructive elements. It is your responsibility to implement appropriate IT security safeguards (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements as to the safety and reliability of content. We may change the format, features and our content of the Site from time to time.
Complaints about the content of any User Submission must be sent to us using the website chat or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must contain details of the specific User Submission giving rise to the complaint.
If we determine that you have clearly, seriously or repeatedly breached our Terms or Policies, we may suspend or permanently disable access to your account. We may also suspend or disable your account if you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights or where we are required to do so for legal reasons.
Where we take such action we’ll let you know and explain any options you have to request a review, unless doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our community of users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our Services; where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons.
4. Access to the Site
Short version: You are at least 13 years old and have a proper device and browser. You should take special care with your log-on information. We may charge fees for more advanced features and we cabbit guarantee uninterrupted availability of our website.
The Site is intended for use only by persons who are at least 18 years of age. By using the Site, you confirm to us that you meet this requirement.
It is your responsibility to ensure your equipment (computer, laptop, netbook, tablet or other mobile device) meets all the necessary technical specifications to enable you to access and use the Site and is compatible with the Site.
We may, from time to time, restrict access to certain features, parts or content of the Site, or the entire Site, to users who have registered with us. You must ensure that any registration details you provide are accurate. If you choose, or you are provided with, a log-on ID (such as a username and password or other identifier) as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and must not reveal it to anyone else. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your log-on ID and must notify us immediately of any unauthorised use or other security breach of which you become aware. We reserve the right to disable any log-on ID, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms or if any details you provide for the purposes of registering as a user prove to be false.
As the user of a valid and verified account you will be able to access and post content on the reserved area of the Site and use certain special features. Please note that we reserve the right to, at any time, subject the use of the special features to a payment of user fees. These fees will be notified to you for your prior approval and acceptance.
In order to access your account for the first time, you will be asked to provide a user name and a password. You may also be required to provide information and/or documentation for us to verify your identity or your right to represent the registrant. This may include replying to questions, providing the Site with specific codes or sending documentary evidence.
We cannot guarantee the continuous, uninterrupted or error-free operability of the Site. There may be times when certain features, parts or content of the Site, or the entire Site, become unavailable (whether on a scheduled or unscheduled basis) or are modified, suspended or withdrawn by us, in our sole discretion, without notice to you. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any unavailability, modification, suspension or withdrawal of the Site, or any features, parts or content of the Site.
5. What you are allowed to do
Short version: What you are allowed to do on our website.
You may only use the Site for non-commercial use and only in accordance with these terms.
You may retrieve and display content from the Site on a computer screen, print and copy individual pages and, subject to the next section, store such pages in electronic form.
Additional terms may also apply to certain features, parts or content of the Site and, where they apply, will be displayed on-screen or accessible via a link.
6. What you are not allowed to do
Short version: What you are not allowed to do on our website and how we will proceed in case you follow the below outlined behavior.
Except to the extent expressly set out in these terms, you are not allowed to:
• 'scrape' content or store content of the Site on a server or other storage device connected to a network or create an electronic database by systematically downloading and storing all of the content of the Site;
• remove or change any content of the Site or attempt to circumvent security or interfere with the proper working of the Site or the servers on which it is hosted; or
• create links to the Site from any other website, without our prior written consent , although you may link from a website that is operated by you provided the link is not misleading or deceptive and fairly indicates its destination, you do not imply that we endorse you, your website, or any products or services you offer, you link to (and do not frame or replicate) the home page of the Site, and the linked website does not contain any content that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, vulgar, indecent, offensive or which infringes on the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party.
You must only use the Site and anything available from the Site for lawful purposes (complying with all applicable laws and regulations), in a responsible manner, and not in a way that might damage our name or reputation or that of any of our affiliates.
All rights granted to you under these terms will terminate immediately in the event that you are in breach of any of them.
7. Intellectual property rights
Short version: Rights with respect to the content present on the website, including text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound, trade marks and logos, owned by us or our licensors.
All intellectual property rights in any content of the Site (including text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound, trade marks and logos) are owned by us or our licensors.
Except as expressly set out here, nothing in these terms gives you any rights in respect of any intellectual property owned by us or our licensors and you acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading content from the Site.
In the event you print off, copy or store pages from the Site (only as permitted by these terms), you must ensure that any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property right notices contained in the original content are reproduced.
Short version: Our liability to you, and how we will govern possible disputes.
Nothing in these terms shall limit or exclude our liability to you:
• for death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
• for fraudulent misrepresentation;
• for breach of any term implied by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and which, by law, may not be limited or excluded; or
• for any other liability that, by law, may not be limited or excluded.
Subject to this, if you are a consumer and not a business user, in no event shall we be liable to you for any business losses , and if you are a business user, in no event shall we be liable to you for any indirect or consequential losses, or for any loss of profit, revenue, contracts, data, goodwill or other similar losses, and any liability we do have for losses you suffer is strictly limited to losses that were reasonably foreseeable.
These terms shall be governed by English law, except that (if you are a consumer and not a business user) and if you live in a country (which, for these purposes, includes Scotland or Northern Ireland) of the European Union other than England, there may be certain mandatory applicable laws of your country which apply for your benefit and protection in addition to or instead of certain provisions of English law.
You agree that any dispute between you and us regarding these terms or the Site will only be dealt with by the English courts, except that (if you are a consumer and not a business user) and if you live in a country (which, for these purposes, includes Scotland or Northern Ireland) of the European Union other than England, you can choose to bring legal proceedings either in your country or in England, but if we bring legal proceedings, we may only do so in your country.
10. Contacting us
Please submit any questions you have about these terms or any problems concerning the Site by email to email@example.com.